2008 03 05Custom cocoa bindings
I have a collection of objects bound to a NSArrayController ... and I'm a little tired of NSTableView , outlines, etc. I then need a custom NSView.
But ... how do you bind to a custom NSView ? Let's have a look at mmalc's GraphicsBindings sample. … ok … Well, it's impossible to set it up in Interface Builder, so the binding is set by code : bind:toObject:withKeyPath:options, then an observer is added, ... the horror ! All that because Interface Builder is not set up to handle a custom keyPath.
From what I understand, it would look like this :
Anyone know if there's a way to extend IB like that ?
- WebViewControl Sample code for custom bindings : binding Cocoa to an html page
- Establishing manual Cocoa Bindings Bindings in a custom NSView
- Custom cocoa bindings What I'd like to see in IB to setup custom bindings
- Bindings via KVC only In Leopard, your properties are bindable without any extra work
- Bindings, Outlets, Target+Action across multiple NIBs