2008 04 03Threaded Core Animation
While looping over a collection and adding a
CALayer for each object, you won't see any refresh during the loop : you'll beachball until you've run through your collection, and then your view will update. But as Core Animation is threaded, it's only a matter of saying "I want an update just now".
[CATransaction commit] to have your
NSView update instantly.
If you're animating your
- create your
- flush it to the screen with
- setup an animation like
layer.transform = CATransform3DMakeRotation(1.57, 0, 0, 1)
- flush it again, still with
There you go ! That's an easy way to do some work over lots of objects while updating your
NSView easily, without having to worry about threads.
- CocoaNav a Cocoa Class Browser using Core Animation
- Core Animation Starfield Core Animation sample using 3D layers
- Core Animation culling problems Don't setup a projection transform on the root layer !
- Threaded Core Animation while on the main thread, update your display with
- Core Animation Bindings binding Cocoa objects to
Core Animation Bindings.zip
- Core Animation Phantom Fade seeing ghosting ? Use two transaction to create and animate your objects
- Photoshop-like compositing with Core Animation